SwagBucks.com – An Established Site
Paid-to-search, Tasks, Offer Walls, Surveys
For details, click here
No limit (1 Level)
PayPal account must be verified to receive payments.
7 – 21 days
USA, UK, Canada,
- Article Last Updated : November 5, 2014
- Company : Prodégé LLC
- Key People:
● Josef Gorowitz (Chief Executive Officer, Owner and Co-founder)
● Ron Leshem (Chief Marketing Officer)
● Scott Dudelson (Chief Operating Officer)
● Eron Zehavi (Chief Rewards Officer)
- Founded : February 25, 2008
- Current Who Is : http://whois.domaintools.com/swagbucks.com [Who-is info hidden]
SwagBucks.com is owned by Prodégé LLC, a Los Angeles based online rewards program. It allows web users to earn virtual currency (Swag Bucks) by doing the things they do every day – by using their search feature to search the web, completing tasks, offers and surveys, watching videos (SwagBucks TV), shopping, playing games, participating in Daily Polls, downloading the toolbar, finding and redeeming bonus codes (Swag Codes) and earning a bonus by completing their daily goal.
The virtual currency (Swag Bucks) can be exchanged for Gift cards or through PayPal.
This is an article about this site rather than a review so I will not list Pros and Cons. I will simply explain how this site works.
WAYS TO EARN from your own activity.
You can earn Swag Bucks in a variety of ways. At first the site might seem overwhelming so it will take some time and patience to completely understand how this site works. This is not your regular PTC site where you just login, click your ads and you are done for the day. In fact, there are no paid to click ads at all. This site is like a GPT program although its pretty unique in its own way.
They have a variety of ways to earn and most of them are listed below.
- Search the web – Swagbucks hosts a custom search engine that will periodically reward users with random amount of Swag Bucks. The search results are compiled from multiple sources. You don’t get paid for every search but on average you will get anywhere between 1-1000 Swag Bucks for more or less every 8-10 searches. Please note that searching more often will not necessarily increase the odds of winning. You will have to complete a CAPTCHA to earn the Swag Bucks from the search. This system is in place to prevent “bots”.
An example of winning Swagbucks by using their search is shown below.
- Daily Polls – Participate in the Daily Poll and earn 1 Swag Buck.
- Toolbar/Extension – Install the SwagBucks toolbar or browser extension and earn 1 Swag Buck daily.
Toolbar : http://www.swagbucks.com/g/toolbars-and-plugins
Browser Extension : http://www.swagbucks.com/extension
Also never miss a Swag Code again! You can get all Swag Code updates in real time through the toolbar. Check for and receive alerts on all Swag Codes and Promotions in the toolbar and extension 24/7.
- Special Offers – These are basically Offer Walls from TrialPay, RadiumOne, PaymentWall and SponsorPay.
- Videos (SwagBucks TV) – For every 10 videos you watch, you will earn the user 3 Swag Bucks.
This feature is not yet enabled for Indian users.
- Surveys – Complete the daily surveys and earn Swag Bucks.
- Shopping – You can shop on sites like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Apple, etc. and earn a cash back. For example, earn 6 Swag Bucks per dollar spent on Amazon. There are literally hundreds of stores you can choose from including some top sites I mentioned earlier. Shopping also includes Coupons and Daily Deals. Coupons allows the user to clip coupons (hosted by coupons.com) and upon their usage earn Swag Bucks. Daily Deals lets the user purchase certain products and receive Swag Bucks in return.
- Tasks – These are the same CrowdFlower Tasks you have on ClixSense, NeoBux and countless other GPT sites.
- Games – You won’t get paid for every game but you will get 2 Swag Bucks periodically. So if you want to have some fun, why not earn a little at the same time!
- Trade-in – You can trade in video games, consoles or books for Swag Bucks.
- Swag Codes – These are special bonus codes which can be periodically found on the Swag Bucks network (blog, Facebook page, Twitter, etc.) and can be entered into a box on the main page to earn Swag Bucks. These appear randomly and expire pretty quickly so you have to be quick. A good way to keep track of active codes would be to install their Widget (or Swidget™ as they call it) which will notify you of active codes.
: Feel free to share active Swag Codes! Tell your friends, post it on your Facebook wall, Tweet it to your followers; let everyone know the active Swag Code so that everyone can take advantage of the bonus Swag Bucks!
Don’t worry, there will be no repercussions for posting active Swag Codes. This will not negatively impact your account in any way.
Reference : Big Change To Swag Codes
- Daily Goals – A meter on the home page shows the amount of Swag Bucks you need to earn that day to complete your goal. If the goal is reached, bonus Swag Bucks will be awarded at the start of the next month. Complete your goal for many days in a row and earn additional bonuses.
- Hourly Random Winner – A user is selected at random who wins 1,000 Swag Bucks that can only be claimed within the hour of being announced. Every single hour there is a new winner! If it’s you, be sure to click on the announcement within the hour, and you’ll be rewarded with 1,000 Swag Bucks.
The Hourly Random Winner is announced on their blog. Check the right sidebar and you will see something like this.
Note : In order to qualify for the Hourly Random Winner, you must be logged into Swagbucks and you must have uploaded a profile picture.
For each new person referred to Swagbucks.com beginning 1/21/14, the referrer will earn 10% of the referrals earnings. The earnings eligible for the 10% referral program include the categories along the top menu bar: Shop, Search, Watch, Play, Answer, Discover. This includes everything found in the drop down menus such as Daily Poll, Activities, Coupons and Tasks. Every earn on a mobile app contributes too.
You will continue to earn 10% for as long as your referral is active on Swagbucks, with no maximum limit.
Categories that do not count towards 10%: Sign-up bonus, Swag Codes, Daily Goal Bonuses, SB Visa awards, Accelerator awards; others may be added.
SwagBucks On The Go!
The Swagbucks iOS and Android mobile app includes an area to enter and redeem Swag Codes! The best part is that the app includes push notifications when a code becomes available, so you’ll never miss another code. I would recommend you install their app if you have an iOS or Android device.
- Tap on the Lock icon
- Enter the Swag Code
- Tap redeem
- Enjoy your swag bucks!
Swag Bucks can be exchanged for various Gift cards or through PayPal by accessing the Swag Store.
Gift Cards are limited to countries where they can be redeemed. For instance, I am from India and I don’t have the option to redeem my Swag Bucks for Amazon Gift cards. I only have PayPal available.
Current exchange rate to redeem Swag Bucks into PayPal cash is listed below.
|Swag Bucks||PayPal Cash|
The above redemption thresholds are for Indian users only. Members from other countries need to check the Rewards Store page for the respective conversion ratios in their country.
Your first and last name needs to be an exact match to your PayPal account information and your PayPal account needs to be verified. Under no circumstances will a payment ever be sent to a PayPal account with another email address, a different first and last name than what appears on your Swagbucks.com account, and an account that has not been verified with PayPal.
Once you receive the email from PayPal you have 30 days to claim your funds. After 30 days the PayPal claim expires and no Swag Bucks will be refunded.
For redeeming Swag Bucks into gift cards, every $5 Gift Card in the Swag Store can be redeemed for 500 Swag Bucks with the exception of the $5 Amazon.com Gift Card, which can be redeemed at a bargain price of 450 Swag Bucks. Every $10 Gift Card in the Swag Store can be redeemed for 1,000 Swag Bucks, every $15 Gift Card in the Swag Store can be redeemed for 1,500 Swag Bucks, and so on.
You are limited to redeeming just five $5 Amazon.com Gift Cards per month. All other gift cards like StarBucks, CVS, etc. have no monthly limit.
MY PAYMENT PROOFS :
- US/Australia Facebook Page
- UK/Ireland Facebook Page
- Canada Facebook Page
- India Facebook Page
- UK/Ireland Blog
- Canada Blog
- India Blog
- US Blog
SOME USEFUL LINKS
Summary : SwagBucks is not your regular PTC but it does indeed reward you for what you do on the internet daily. Its been online since early 2008 without any major issues. SwagBucks is easy to use, has no upgrades and there are absolutely no gimmicks! Swagbucks is a site I would definitely recommend everyone to join if they reside in a country where it is available.
Please share your experiences with SwagBucks in the comment section below. If you find any mistakes in the article, please do bring it to my notice.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Admin on December 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm, and is filed under Established Site. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|
● Comments must be on-topic. For off-topic comments, please post on the CONTACT US page.
● Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, slanderous or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred. Profanity, cursing, trolling, hate speech, racist remarks or violent content will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments for any such reasons. Please keep the conversation civil.
● Do not overuse smileys as they can be annoying for others.
● Spamming will not be tolerated. You are allowed to post referral links at the end of your comment but only if you have some feedback to share. When posting a payment proof or feedback, you can post your referral link at the end of your comment. Short and useless comments with referral links like "great site", "join under me" are not acceptable and will be deleted. Repeated attempts will lead to permanent ban.
about 6 months ago - 123 comments
Full review and tutorial of PaidVerts.com – Payment Proofs , PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 9 months ago - 1 comment
My AdPrize stats after clicking more than 100,000 times over 2 years.
about 1 year ago - 1 comment
Full review of BoostFin.com – PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 1 year ago - 29 comments
Full review of PTCSolution.com – PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 1 year ago - 1 comment
Full review of Jobego.com – Payment Proofs , PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 1 year ago - 45 comments
Full review of Nerdbux.com & why we are no longer endorsing this site.
about 1 year ago - 7 comments
Full review of ClickFair.com – Payment Proofs , PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 1 year ago - 20 comments
Full review of LogiPTC.com – Payment Proofs , PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.
about 1 year ago - 21 comments
GetBuxToday.com – Full review + Payment Proofs , PROs and CONs of the site with important things you should know about the site.